A standout amongst the most troublesome difficulties confronting recently advanced officials is overseeing previous associates.
Michael Watkins apropos titled it “relationship reengineering” in his fantastic book, “Your Next Move.” The requirement for relationship reengineering is a basic intersection each official confronts, more than once, as s/he climbs the company pecking order.
Each official mentor will reveal to you that your execution will be judged, to some extent, by your capacity to effectively explore the enthusiastic aftermath and response of your previous companions to your advancement.
Here are tips for effectively driving previous companions:
· Get the word out at an opportune time. On the off chance that your supervisor, who may likewise be recently advanced, did not convey your advancement before your venturing into the part, you have to act quick. Accumulate your new staff and convey a brief, face to face declaration. Set up a script early. Let’s assume you’re anticipating your new part, working with each of them, and the commitments you know they can make. Say that you need to manufacture a decent group and the accomplishment of the organization is first in your psyche.
· Schedule one-on-one meetingswith each staff part. Request their criticism and tune in to their worries. At that point promise every person that you have heard them and will keep on being interested in their proposals for bettering the group.
· Dealing with the irate/disappointed representative takes artfulness and affectability. On the off chance that a previous companion pined for the employment you have, you may manage this current individual’s outrage, sadness and desire. These negative feelings can influence the assurance of your whole staff unless deftly handled.This individual may very well need time to acknowledge the circumstance and afterward advance into a decent colleague. All things considered, simply watch and hold up. Be that as it may, in the event that you sense the hesitance of this person to get on-board, you should have a genuine discussion with this individual, including reporting it for the document.
· Don’t play top choices. On the off chance that you delighted in a companionship like association with a previous associate, that dynamic will change. With a specific end goal to be seen as being reasonable for everybody on your staff, you can’t give uncommon thought to a previous companion. To do generally would be considered playing top picks.
· Establish your power rapidly. As Michael Watkins put it “you may be enticed to go about as a super associate proceeding to mentor, guide and enable your previous companions in spite of the title change.” That approach would be a slip-up. Rather, tune in to recommendations and get input, yet then rapidly choose your strategy. Attempting to set up agreement now in your residency would flag shortcoming. Accord comes later, when your staff knows you have immovably ventured into your new part and have built up your power.
In the event that you take in the lessons of managing previous companions at an opportune time – without a doubt a standout amongst the most troublesome undertakings confronting another pioneer – it will be to a lesser extent an overwhelming test whenever around.